Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Love of Bugs


Insect jewellery is a huge trend for Autumn/Winter 2010 but here at The Shop Floor Project we've known the power of bugs for quite a while now. Since we launched Erica Weiner’s collection in 2007, which is inspired by antique entomology cabinets, we have sold out again and again. It seems you just can’t get enough of these little creatures.


Courtney Blackman, the chairman of the Fashion Business Club is a huge fan of the collection, in particular the Cicada Beetle earrings, “knowing I have giant, golden cicadas dangling from my ears makes me smile, and I can’t tell you how many people stop me and squeal, ‘Where did you get those? I want some!’”.


Visit Erica's cabinet in Jewellery Room 1


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. Frequently receive good comments about my bee necklace and cicada earrings. Keep up the good work!