Tuesday 11 May 2010

Pick of the Week - The Exotic Hide

Every Tuesday we'll be be putting the spotlight on a single piece from The Shop Floor Project's vast collection of wonderful objects.

This week Samantha tells us why she has chosen this piece:


Firstly the feel of this scarf is just glorious. Made from 100% silk It has that heavy, georgette feel that you find on silk dresses from the 1930's. Because of the weight of it and the generous length, it drapes beautifully and is perfect for protecting against both the summer sun and the summer winds!

Secondly the print is both classic and modern. Like an exotic tiger hide but exaggerated in scale and printed in a soft stone and vivid purple that looks like it's smudging into each other.

I am a complete magpie when it comes to silk scarves. I have been collecting them ever since I worked for the textile designer Neisha Crosland, where I saw first hand how beautiful scarves are made. This one by Ella Doran is the latest addition to my collection and I love the way it looks vintage and modern at the same time! In fact I am wearing it today with a grey T-shirt and navy blazer.



No comments: