Tuesday 18 May 2010

Pick of The Week - The lure of the sea

This week I have been craving a long break on one of the Greek islands; the ancient language, old ruins, hot dusty sun but most of all I have been longing for that bluer than blue sea.



This desire has obviously coloured my choice for pick of the week. As I am not in Greece but in Cumbria I have been using Katrin Moye's milk jug to help transport me to this dream. With it's hand made charm, azure blue glazed pattern along with the rustic white background, it feels like the colours and textures of Greece all perfectly wrapped up into one small object.

It seems to have worked because the sun has come out here today and is the warmest it's been since last summer. I put it down to the magic of the jug and dreaming of warmer days.

Available from the Ceramic Department

No comments: